Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A MONTH OF SUSTAINABLE RESEARCH



Today is the first day of my last month of research. Since I ride my bike and rarely use an automobile, I decided to take a better approach to my fieldwork in an urban setting. It would be easy to climb into my automobile and drive to my study site BUT I am making the choice to ride my bike. I have little patience with folks who talk about sustainable living but go no further AND make excuses for not doing so.

If you think about it, I get much needed exercise and save fuel – nothing is better! Most of all, it demonstrates I follow words with deeds.

And, yes it took three and one-half hours and I was hot and sweaty. Nonetheless, as you can see, I was smiling and having fun as usual!


Cheers,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment